Careers • Current Opportunities
Senior Manager of Health Assurance
AcuFast is founded on the idea that the best way to predict the future is to create it – and that’s exactly what we’re doing. AcuFast is seeking a passionate individual to drive the vision and strategy for AcuFast’s high-health platform. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations and Customer Success, the Senior Manager of Health Assurance will oversee best-in-class health and biosecurity in the AcuFast genetic nucleus farms, boar studs, and multiplication pyramid for AcuFast global business. This position will collaborate with many senior AcuFast team members and will be part of our senior leadership team. The successful candidate can be located in the US or Canada.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions but is not limited to:
- Continue the build of a newly merged global health platform, built on the legacy of a world-class health history.
- Develop and enforce biosecurity protocols to minimize the risk of disease introduction.
- Develop and monitor health testing and facility biosecurity audits as well as define continuous improvement processes and capital allocation recommendations related to biosecurity.
- Work with the broader AcuFast team and management to continue growing the global business, including coordination of efficient and bio-secure gene flows.
- Lead the response to disease outbreaks or health emergencies.
- Work with regional AcuFast consulting veterinarians to ensure consistency and alignment throughout the supply chain.
- Develop an industry-leading, customer-facing health assurance platform.
- Lead site assessments for new supply chain infrastructure.
- Support the Technical Solutions team to help bring realized genetic value to AcuFast customers
- Provide recommendations for the optimal supply chain source for customers based on vet-to-vet discussions.
- Create a network of industry resources to ensure the continued growth of our health assurance platform.
- Collaborate with peers on the latest developments in swine health and biosecurity.
- Attend and represent AcuFast at relevant swine health meetings.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on swine health information for internal staff, external groups, and industry partners.
The successful candidate would ideally possess the following qualifications and experiences:
- A degree in Veterinary Medicine from an accredited college or university.
- Valid license to practice in relevant areas.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a swine practice or production with leadership experience.
- A recognized leader among a network of key contacts in various veterinary disciplines such as diagnostics, research, and regulatory functions.
- A deep knowledge of pig production including health pyramids and pig flows with a keen attention to disease risk mitigation by focusing on biosecurity and production flows.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking and the ability to develop and implement long-term plans.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency with an understanding of MS Office and other relevant software.
- Strong English skills. Proficiency in other languages is considered an asset.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as/when needed.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US or Canada.
- Shares in AcuFast’s core values (Promote Excellence, Purposeful Innovation, Prioritize Respect and Driven by Integrity).
AcuFast provides pork producers across North America and worldwide with breeding stock and innovative genetic and reproduction solutions. We work side by side with pork producers and industry partners to build the future of pork production together. It is a future where cutting-edge science and proven farm practices meet, ensuring the health of pigs, producers, and consumers for generations to come. We empower our people by supporting and encouraging them to grow personally as well as professionally. We have a team of keen and innovative thinkers. You will love it here.
AcuFast is an equal opportunity employer, that offers an exceptional 401K Plan benefits package and a fast-paced
challenging work environment to reach greater heights in your career. To know more about us visit -
Our offices are in Saskatchewan, Canada, and Illinois and Wisconsin in the US. Both local candidates and remote applicants from Canada or the US can apply. This position will remain posted until filled.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources with a Subject line: Senior Manager of Health Assurance