Careers • Current Opportunities
Summer Internship - USA
AcuFast is looking for highly motivated college students who are passionate about agriculture and thrilled to join us in creating the future of pork production. We have initiated our hiring process to fill our Summer Internship- 2024 positions for our US Production Facilities. Successful candidates will find themselves working with innovative thinkers who will provide well-rounded summer experience with dedicated mentors to provide the company’s business and operation insights within multiple locations in Illinois and Indiana, USA.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions, but is not limited to:
- Training and performing production tasks on one of our genetic nucleus facilities,
- Instruction on genetic processes that influence the genetic evaluation,
- An understanding of AcuFast genetic lines and business structure,
- Completion of a summer project and presentation at the commencement of the internship,
- Opportunity to interact with leaders within AcuFast.
The successful candidate would ideally possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Must be authorized to work in the US,
- Previous livestock experience would be considered an asset,
- Pursuing a diploma or degree in Agribusiness, Animal Science, or another related field,
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills with great attention to detail,
- Experience with Microsoft Office,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Self-motivated, team player, and reliable,
- Shares in AcuFast’s core values.
What we offer:
- Each Internship is well crafted to provide students of all majors and career goals with quality
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals,
- A competitive wage will be offered based on the level of relevant studies and experience,
- Inclusive work environment,
- Career placement option after summer internship.
At AcuFast we believe the best way to predict the future is to create it. We combine leading genetic, technology, and commercial measurement programs creating a unique and integrated approach to realized genetic value for swine producers. AcuFast provides transformational genetic solutions that drive progress toward a more efficient and sustainable future for our people, our partners, our pigs, and our planet. We have a team of keen and innovative thinkers. You will love it here.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Subject Line: Internship - USA
This position will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. AcuFast is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration.